Sometimes when you watch sports, you have that moment when your team’s new star player is only a teenager, and you suddenly feel really old. This week’s Hardcore MBA guest is the entrepreneurial equivalent of that (well, for me at least!), because Ollie Forsyth is only 18 years old, and he already runs his own business and has met Richard Branson. He aims to be a role model for aspiring young entrepreneurs to look up to, but I think we can all learn a little something from his passion.
In this week’s episode, Ollie and I discuss:
- How Ollie got started in entrepreneurialism at the bright young age of 13!
- Why Ollie is starting his own entrepreneur club in London to help create new networks and opportunities for all of us.
- The importance of taking the time to give a little something back.
- And the very simple trick Ollie used to get featured in countless magazine and newspaper articles.
It’s always a pleasure to see young people getting into business, and I don’t think any of them are as inspirational as Ollie – this is a guy who has a real passion for everything that being an entrepreneur involves, and I know he’ll be doing this for the rest of his life. Take a look at this week’s episode, and let Ollie’s enthusiasm inspire you too. When you’re done, check out The Budding Entrepreneurs Club, Ollie’s Twitter, and the place where it all started, Ollie’s Shop. And let us know in the comments if you have suggestions for future guests you’d like to see on Hardcore MBA!
- At 0.35 Ollie discusses his first entrepreneurial attempt – charging his parents for making their breakfast tea!
- At 5.45 Ollie notes how a real entrepreneur gives something back, rather than just spending more and more money.
- At 8.40 Ollie discusses his daily schedule and his passion for business.
- At 11.55 Ollie discusses his latest venture, The Budding Entrepreneurs Club – launching on the 14 th September in London.
- At 17.45: “If life hits you in the head with a brick, what do you do? Quite simply, get back up and try again”.
- At 22.20, Ollie discusses how his writings got picked up by the Huffington Post.
- At 32.20 Ollie and I chat about upcoming trends in the world of business.
- At 41.50 Ollie talks about the books and people that have inspired him.