Let’s hear more about what comes around the words “networks or networking” and try to break all our misconceptions about it with our guest – David Burkus in this week’s podcast episode.
David Burkus is a best-selling author, a sought-after speaker, an associate professor of leadership and innovation at Oral Roberts University. His newest book, Friend of a Friend, offers readers a new perspective on how to grow their networks and build key connections—one based on the science of human behavior, not rote networking advice.
In this episode, Matthew and David discuss:
- David’s recent activities that are keeping him busy these days
- Who inspired David and how he developed the passion of digging deeper into finding the real essence of networking-building connection grounded in a real and practical approach
- David’s new book- A friend of a friend and how it would bring you a new level of understanding about ‘networking”- not the business-kind-of-networking you first think of hearing upon the word
- The best strategies to get more opportunities from being part of a larger network
- What he means about “hidden networks” and how it can transform a business or career
- Check out our website http://hardcoremba.com/
- Don’t forget to grab the Free Guide that shows you the 11 things you DO NOT want to do to build a successful business: http://successfulmistake.com/hardcore/
- Matthew Turner’s Book: http://successfulmistake.com/book/
- Check out of course David Burkus’ website: https://davidburkus.com/
- Also grab a copy of David’s newest book: Friend of a Friend: Understanding the Hidden Networks That Can Transform Your Life and Your Career
- How to escape the 9-5 and build your freedom business: http://bit.ly/youwillneverworkagainbook
- This podcast is brought to you by http://bit.ly/mroutsourcecom – Outsourcing to the Philippines done for you