This week on Hardcore MBA, we have our very own Matthew Turner, author of The Successful Mistake and Mark Asquith, a podcaster and a producer of podcasts, and the Founder of Excellence-Expected.
In this interview, it’s emphasized that if you want to monetize your podcast, you have to set motives and focus on getting your audience engaged. Consistently doing that will make your sponsor start to notice you. And that’s when the money comes in.
- How Mark Asquith’s collection of DC comics figurines and his 200+ DC Comics, got him into podcasting.
- When Mark had a light bulb moment to finally create a podcast of his own (focussed on business)
- Mark’s company Hacksaw does a webinar to discuss the problems of podcasters, wherein people will pay them to be a founding member, and Hacksaw will build a solution.
- Mark’s Excellence-expected and The Podcast Accelerator (one-on-one coaching) and membership community
- Tips in getting into podcasting
- How do you get audience to your funnel
- Ultimate Mistakes in getting into podcasting
- Mark’s two blocks of time schedule
“For one to progress in Podcasting, one should learn not just how to be a podcaster, but also how to build a website and market it, content marketing, SEO basics, design principles, content input and lead magnets.”
Tips in getting into podcasting:
- Don’t focus much on monetizing your podcast, but instead find ways to generate an audience
- You have to connect to your audience and engage them in order to generate sponsors. Angle the value differently to your sponsor. You can offer different packages, such as exposure in your website or banner ad opportunities among others.
- Always ask the question: What’s the benefit to the sponsor?
- Don’t be afraid to ask for what your worth. Stick to your guns.
- Don’t be afraid that you will not get another sponsor. Think of what you want with this, and think where you going to get it from.
How do you get them to your funnel?
- Channel shifting people from listening to taking an action. Is simply to keep on constantly telling them to take that action.
- Figure out what your value ladder is.
Ultimate Mistakes in getting into podcasting:
- Making a million just like that. There should be passion in what you are doing.
- You have to prove yourself to the sponsors, what do you do that makes you stand out. You need data, you need personality.
“You cannot make money from sponsors, but you can angle your entire business around that, that should not be the prime focus. But should always be a marketing channel. Whatever your marketing, that should be where the revenue is.”
For more information on Mark Asquith check out:
- Website: http://www.excellence-expected.com/
- Instagram: @mrasquith
Don’t forget to grab your Free Guide that shows you the 11 things you DO NOT want to do to build a successful business: successfulmistake.com/hardcore
This podcast is brought to you by www.mroutsource.com – outsourcing to the Philippines done for you.
Wow great job getting Dan to do an interview with you! He is the mentor to Dan Lok, an entrepreneur from Vancouver whom I have come to know quite well. Dan (Lok) talks about the impact Dan Pena had on his life all the time. Now I know why!
You mentioned Napoleon Hill and Outwitting book, you wanted to continue but you were interrupted by Dan, what did you want to say?