In this episode of Hardcore MBA Matthew Turner, author of ‘The Successful Mistake’ talks to Kathleen Shannon, co-founder of Being Boss Podcast and founder of Braid Creative and Consulting. Kathleen is an expert in coaching creative entrepreneurs align their work and their personal self.
In this episode, Matthew and Kathleen discuss:
- Her branding agency, Braid Creative, focusing more on personal branding to blend who you are with what you do for creative entrepreneurs and organizations, moving to a new office, growing their team, and growing their vision.
- As for her activities with the ‘Big Boss Podcast’ that she co-hosts with Emily Thompson, they have written a book that will be published in April 2018. They have also launched the CEO Day Kit project to help their audience do their best work by planning out the day like a boss.
- How Kathleen realized that she ended up being a better and more mature writer, and how this helped her mature more as a business owner because of the writing process that entailed:
- using her experience as a blogger for many years. That is, to have fun and not be tripped by the fact that the book will be permanent not like a blog.
- co-writing with Emily. Kathleen found this as cool and interesting as they ping-ponged chapters back and forth, transforming their podcast into a book, “Being Boss” with topics they have discussed in their podcasts like habits, mindsets, routines, systems and processes, work-life balance.
- Kathleen’s work in Braid Craig that focuses on alignment of work and life, how she does it, and what it means to her. That all these should be driven by “who you are”.
- How personal brand starts playing when one is able to tap into what doesn’t change about him/her, the values, the vision, what one is trying to create in the world, what one has to offer.
- For Hardcore MBA Podcast and to view Matthew Turner’s interview of Kathleen Shannon, click: http://hardcoremba.com/
- For Braid Creative and Consulting, click: http://www.braidcreative.com/
- For Being Boss Podcast, click: https://beingboss.club/
- Don’t forget to grab your Free Guide that shows you the 11 things you DO NOT want to do to build a successful business: http://successfulmistake.com/hardcore/
- Matthew Turner’s Book: http://successfulmistake.com/book/
- How to escape the 9-5 and build your freedom business: http://bit.ly/youwillneverworkagainbook
- This podcast is brought to you by www.mroutsource.com – Outsourcing to the Philippines done for you
Wow great job getting Dan to do an interview with you! He is the mentor to Dan Lok, an entrepreneur from Vancouver whom I have come to know quite well. Dan (Lok) talks about the impact Dan Pena had on his life all the time. Now I know why!
You mentioned Napoleon Hill and Outwitting book, you wanted to continue but you were interrupted by Dan, what did you want to say?