Let’s be honest: I make these podcasts look pretty effortless with my innate charm, high levels of charisma, and – of course – extreme modesty. But jokes aside, a lot of work goes into getting these things from my brain to your tablet/phone/laptop/whatever else you might be listening on.
Potential guests need to be emailed, schedules need to be compared, videos need to be uploaded – on and on the work goes, and much of it is managed by one of my earliest virtual assistants, Regina Evangelista.
These days Regina is much more than just a VA, she’s a business partner and co-founder of Mr. Outsource and DreamWork, a coworking space in the Philippines. So when I was looking around for an expert on outsourcing to have on the show, I didn’t have to look very far!
Listen to this week’s show and find out:
- How outsourcing in the Philippines has evolved over the past three years to become a popular career choice [around 7.30].
- The ways in which outsourcing careers can actually bring a lot of benefits to ordinary Filipinos, who no longer feel they need to leave the country to make something of themselves [around 9.30].
- The process potential VAs go through when applying to join Mr. Outsource, and the skills we teach them [around 14.00].
- The mistakes many new entrepreneurs make when dealing with VAs, and how you can avoid the same pitfalls [from 17.40 onwards].
- How we get busy, in-demand guests like David Allen of Getting Things Done fame on the show [at about 35.20].
- Why I recommend The Checklist Manifesto as a key book to read [37.00].
- Why I ask my staff personal questions and get to know them as people [around 39.40].
- How we select the best people for our popular VA roles [from 51.50 onwards].
- The next steps in the expansion of Regina’s DreamWork project [around 59.00].
- And much, much more!
If you enjoyed the show and you think your business could benefit from the special touch of a virtual assistant, get in touch with Regina and see how she can help!