This week’s Hardcore MBA guest is a dapper chap who’s never seen out and about without a suit on – it’s Michael J Ringer, from Lion Sales Training. We focus a lot on sales techniques and training on our Hardcore MBA podcasts, and I make no apologies for that – being able to sell is the most basic skill an entrepreneur needs in his or her arsenal.
In this week’s podcast, Michael and I discuss:
- How Michael inspires himself by reaching for the stars when defining his goals.
- The importance of having a giving mindset, rather than always worrying about what you’re going to receive.
- The best way to ensure that your new business will be successful from the start.
- How to power through the boring parts of being an entrepreneur.
- And, of course, all sorts of high quality sales tips taken from Michael’s years of experience in the game.
For information on Michael’s other projects, check out his personal website. You could also take a look at Michael’s favourite ever book about sales, and one which I also highly recommend – Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
- at about 1.50 he says everyone is a salesperson, whether they realise it or not
- at about 7.00 he says that every successful business person needs to be self-disciplined
- at about 12.35 he says that a goal is always just a goal until you implement a to-do list to achieve it
- at about 25.50 he says that if you don’t have great sales and great service you’re not going to go as far as you can, because they need to be intertwined
- at about 46.10 he says you should underpromise and overdeliver
- at about 53.30 he says that people always ask him how he stays so dedicated to his work, and he answers that it is because he knows where he’s going
- at about 55.35 he says you should be inspired by yourself and where you’re going to be in five years’ time