In this episode of Hardcore MBA, Matthew Turner (author of ‘The Successful Mistake’) talks to Dorie Clark: Branding Expert, Marketing Strategist, Speaker and Best-Selling author.
Recognized as a “branding expert” by the Associated Press, and whom the New York Times described as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives,” Dorie Clark emphasizes the importance of going for multiple income streamlines in this episode, whether you have a day job or as an entrepreneur.
Matthew and Dorie discuss:
- Dorie’s new book, ‘Entrepreneurial You’ — and how it’s intended for two types of audiences:
- Those who are already entrepreneurs, looking at diversifying their income streams and figure out multiple income streams
- Aspiring entrepreneurs; Do you still have a day job? You can start now to lay the groundwork to get a side income stream going so you can create more freedom for yourself
- Dorie says it was answering the question: “How do you actually make money doing what you do best?” that probed the creation of the book, ‘Entrepreneurial You’
- The Entrepreneur who Survives vs. Entrepreneur who Thrives
- 3 Steps to Monetizing your Ideas
- How surveying your audience, testing things and listening to feedback will lead you to the way of success
- Dorie Clark
- Dorie Clark’s first book in 2013, ‘Reinventing You’
- Followed by ‘Stand Out’
- Her new book from Harvard Business Review Press, Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive, is now available and you can order it via Amazon or Barnes & Noble or Google Play.
- Contact Dorie Clark:
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: @dorieclark
- Twitter: @dorieclark
- Website: https://dorieclark.com/
- Embrace Entrepreneurial Thinking, Even if You Have A Full-Time Day Job (https://www.forbes.com/sites/kareanderson/2017/09/28/embrace-entrepreneurial-thinking-even-if-you-have-a-full-time-day-job/#692861fd369f)
- Kevin Ashton, How to Fly a Horse (http://www.howtoflyahorse.com) (https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/book-review-how-to-fly-a-horse-on-idea-generation-by-kevin-ashton/2015/02/27/5844942c-8f8c-11e4-ba53-a477d66580ed_story.html?utm_term=.bc8530f93ac3)
- Jordan Harbinger, The Art of Charm (https://theartofcharm.com/jordan-harbinger/) – The importance of listening closely to your customer.
- Don’t forget to grab your Free Guide that shows you the 11 things you DO NOT want to do to build a successful business: http://successfulmistake.com/hardcore/
- How to escape the 9-5 and build your freedom business: http://youwillneverworkagain.com/
- This podcast is brought to you by www.mroutsource.com – outsourcing to the Philippines done for you
Wow great job getting Dan to do an interview with you! He is the mentor to Dan Lok, an entrepreneur from Vancouver whom I have come to know quite well. Dan (Lok) talks about the impact Dan Pena had on his life all the time. Now I know why!
You mentioned Napoleon Hill and Outwitting book, you wanted to continue but you were interrupted by Dan, what did you want to say?