This week we’re trying something a little different here at Hardcore MBA – instead of interviewing a successful entrepreneur, author, or coach to see how their mind ticks, I’m going to give you a little insight into my own success! This week’s episode is the first part of a series of resources I’m putting together that will show you the straightforward philosophies that have helped me in business and in life. But be warned: there are no magic bullets here! There’s no snake oil being sold, and there’s no ‘three secret tricks that will make you a millionaire overnight’. But there is the chance to learn from my mistakes and put yourself on solid ground for your own journey towards the freedom lifestyle.
Take a listen, and find out:
- Why MBA means Mixed Business Academy in this case.
- Why training for entrepreneurship is similar to becoming a Navy SEAL (no, really!).
- How to spot a surge and surf the wave of a trend to its end point, without getting scared and bailing at the first sign of trouble.
- The six pillars that make up a fulfilled and fulfilling life, and which ones most entrepreneurs neglect.
- All about the ancient business wisdom of the Stoics.
- And why, as Ryan Holiday says, the obstacle is the way, and you need to face up to the key responsibility of being an entrepreneur – solving other people’s problems.
I’m always interested in hearing what people think about Hardcore MBA, but that goes double for this week’s episode because of the change in direction it represents. So please, if you have any suggestions for future episodes, or you think I missed anything out or could have explained things more clearly, let me know in the comments below!
Wow great job getting Dan to do an interview with you! He is the mentor to Dan Lok, an entrepreneur from Vancouver whom I have come to know quite well. Dan (Lok) talks about the impact Dan Pena had on his life all the time. Now I know why!
You mentioned Napoleon Hill and Outwitting book, you wanted to continue but you were interrupted by Dan, what did you want to say?